So, this post is dedicated to the lovely namunderthesun, who has so kindly nominated me for my first Liebster award (blogging virgin alert). She writes lots of great fiction, as well as lifestyle and beauty tips that I absolutely love – her post on simple natural ways to freshen up the face is right up my street – I’m all for that simple natural look, whether makeup is involved or not. I’m so grateful for her support, and her blog really deserves recognition – her content is wonderful and she’s such a versatile writer. If you do nothing else today, please check her out!
Let’s get to it. I’ll start by stating the rules of the Liebster Award:
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Tag 11 new bloggers.
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
- Recognise the blogger who tagged you.
11 Questions from namunderthesun + my answers:
- Your personal weird combination of a famous dish/snack that everyone cringes on but you love?
Instant oatmeal (porridge if you’re a Brit) with marmite and black pepper. Every single person to whom I’ve made this Michelin-star-worthy recommendation has looked at me as if I’ve killed a baby.
- A country you’d wanna live in future?
Hmm, probably a little island off the coast of Italy or some country with great food and friendly neighbours.
- A book that stayed with you?
“Mao’s Last Dancer” by Li Cunxin. I believe it has now been turned into a film too – yet to watch it! Would definitely re-read this sometime, though unfortunately most of my reading time is dedicated to Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology nowadays. Student life.
- Have you stuttered before your crush?
Uhh… yes. I am the queen of awkward, you know.
- What’s worse? Paper cut or Toe bruise?
Paper cut! Mine seem to take forever to heal up, and having to stem the bleeding is such a pain.
- Your most favorite artist of all time?
Oh that’s an impossible one – I have too many! Here are my top three at the moment:
- Gil Shaham. Exceptional classical violinist, if that’s your thing.
- Pentatonix. An a cappella group that has completely revolutionised the a cappella scene. P.S – I listen to their Christmas albums in July… please don’t judge.
- Cildo Meireles. The genius behind Babel 2001 that is currently housed at the Tate Modern in London, England. In a nutshell, it is a tower of radios that reaches the ceiling, each tuned to a different channel. It relates to the story of the Tower of Babel – a tower tall enough to reach the heavens. God wasn’t happy about this, so caused the builders to all speak a different language – the cause of their ultimate inability to communicate and arousal of conflict.
- You wake up and find your favorite book/Anime character before you. What’s the first thing you’d say to them?
Does Sailor Moon count as anime? If so, I’d probably tell her that her proportions are just illogical by the laws of physics and that she needs to tell her anime friends to stop reacting so melodramatically to everything. Seriously, what is up with those giant blue tears flooding the ground when a character cries?
- A sport you’ll force your kid into if need be?
I don’t think I’m the kind of parent who would force their kids into anything that doesn’t concern life or death. Even then… rocky ground. That’s a whole other conversation in itself! But back to the question, probably something like zumba or pilates as that’s the most likely sport I’ll be doing as a middle-aged mother.
- According to you, Which Game of Thrones house do you belong in?
I don’t watch Game of Thrones… don’t judge me please! Probably not wise to start since my addictive personality game is pretty strong.
- What superhero would you team up with?
Deadpool. Though I might have to class Moana as a superhero now – she did save the world from darkness/destruction after all. Who doesn’t want to sail the world with a crazy chicken sidekick and a demigod?
- Your favourite things to do apart from Blogging?
Playing the violin, discovering new music, watching Disney films, drinking tea, going for walks, makeup shopping, doing sudokus, playing with cats/dogs, having deep conversations, sitting by the Thames in London with a cup of… tea.
My questions for my nominees:
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- Is there something you’ve had your heart set on doing since you were a kid? Have you done it? If not, why not?
- Would you rather have feet for hands or hands for feet?
- If you were given 24 hours to live, and you could spend it wherever, however you wanted with whomever you wanted, what would you do with that time?
- What’s a secret talent you have that not many people know about?
- What’s something embarrassing you’ve done recently?
- What’s your idea of a perfect evening in?
- If you were to be stranded on an island in the middle of the ocean for a month, what three items would you take with you?
- What’s your favourite meal to cook/order in?
- How do you feel about makeup and beauty? Love/tolerate/hate it?
- If a genie granted you three wishes – valid for one year only, what would you wish for?
Thank you again for the nomination, it really does mean a lot to me that you are all so supportive and it’s a real pleasure being part of this blogging community. I can’t wait to read all your answers, please leave me a link in the comments below!
P.S I would like to take this opportunity to ask a techie question. Do you get notifications when someone leaves a backlink to your blog home page? If not, how do you find out that they have? Any advice appreciated – thank you!