Welcome back to the second episode of Beauty Blunders, a new series dedicated to guest bloggers and of course, you! Presenting to you a little compilation of our embarrassing beauty mishaps that made us cringe at the time, but have made us laugh ever since. Without further ado – introducing the very lovely Laura from Lauzies Lifestyle. I have been following her blog ever since my earliest bloggery days, and I absolutely love her work. Her blog is definitely for you if you enjoy reading about beauty, fashion, health and wellbeing, mindset and life in general. She does some fantastic product reviews too and her Instagram is just gold. Please check her out (links below), and here is her beauty blunder.
A few years back, I saw a celebrity with really short baby hairs all styled on her forehead and I thought that it looked really cool. I then decided to trim my own baby hairs – not all of them, but let’s just say that it went wrong. I ended up looking like I had spikes sticking out from the top of my head! I was so lucky that it grew back really quick, because photos from the period all look disastrous!
I’ll confess – one of the reasons I got bangs was to disguise my baby hairs all over my forehead. They’re honestly a pain and make ponytails much more difficult than they have to be. You have my sympathy there, girl! Though, spikes might just be her thing… she can pull off almost any style.
Get To Know: Laura
- Years ago in English class, everyone had to write a poem that described a teacher. At the end of the lesson, a few would stand up and read their poems out to the class. We all had to guess what teacher they were describing. I decided to write about a horrible one (literally) and wrote this spiteful rhyme that ended in – “to round it all up, she is a nasty, old, ugly cow. The entire class were open-mouthed and gobsmacked, yet they knew who I was describing.
- I believe in astrology and think I am quite similar to my star sign Leo.
- It took me an entire year to learn how to cook. I have previously set fire to a teatowel, cracked an egg on a hot stove and burnt carrots in the microwave.
- I was previously a makeup-artist before switching to writing.
- I am a huge Friends fan and still watch reruns to this day.
Connect with Laura:
Blog link: https://lauzieslifestyle.com/
Many thanks to Laura for participating in Beauty Blunders. If you’re reading this and fancy being featured, feel free to get in touch via email using the contact form above, or send me a message on Twitter or Instagram and we’ll take it from there! Until next week for the next Beauty Blunder. You go girl.
Disclaimer: The featured image was designed on canva.com by J, exclusively for Beauty’s Expert Amateur.