This is a post dedicated to a very recent, unexpected and very pleasant surprise – being nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award AND hitting the 100-follower milestone. Now, those who know me will know that I’m one of the worst multitaskers in the world, so killing two birds with one stone probably deserves a cookie in itself. Nevertheless, I am incredibly humbled and grateful. No, really.
I only have the one and only @superwifeandmummy to thank for this award. She’s been leaving delightful little comments on my blog from day one, and they never fail to make me smile. She blogs about everything – from life’s entertaining moments to poetry, I have no doubt that she is the embodiment of a super wife and mummy in real life. Please check her out if you haven’t already, I guarantee lots of smiles when you’re done (or your money back).
The Versatile Blogger Award was created by bloggers to be awarded to other bloggers whose blogs feature high quality content, writing and photos. The Award states: Honour those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.
I am always up for sharing the love, and what a lovely way to do it. Okay, acceptance speech over. Here are the rules for the nominations.
Rules for the nominations:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for this award and inform them.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Put the logo of Versatile Blogger in your post and display the rules also.
The bloggers I would like to nominate are… *opens golden envelope*
Each and every one of them has an incredible blog that I seek out for new posts again and again, and they never fail to make me chuckle. They know what they’re doing. Please go check them out.
And now for the seven facts about me.
- My eyesight is appalling. Just blind as a bat, and practically defenceless without my glasses.
- I love anything by Pentatonix, especially their 2016 “A Pentatonix Christmas” album. Bit of an a cappella nerd, really.
- I teach the violin and the piano.
- I study Pharmacy at university and would love to work in drug formulation one day.
- I have a tendency to meet other people’s cats when going on a run. I almost always stop to make friends with them, if they’ll give me the time of day.
- I want an English cream retriever and a ragdoll cat to curl up with at night when (if) I own my own home. Millennial problems, you know?
- This blog was born entirely on a whim, and it’s probably one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
And now, for the 100 followers who have so kindly followed my blog/brainchild. Whether you’re follower no. 1 or no. 100, my sincere thanks to you. It means a lot that you hit that follow button, and I’m so glad you read and enjoy my writing. I had zero expectations for this blog when I started it two months ago, and getting 100 of you to commit to more WordPress spam email every time I publish a new post means a whole lot to me. So thank you.
I’d also like to take this opportunity to start a discussion – have there been any posts that you’ve particularly enjoyed, and why? Are there any particular posts and topics that you would like to see in the future? Feedback and advice on anything is always welcome, all you have to do is leave a comment on one of my posts or simply send it to me via the email contact form. You go girl (and guy, if you’re a guy reading this).