Short and sweet one for you guys today. I’ve been seeing these “What’s in my bag” posts circulating in the blogosphere lately, mostly in the form of Vogue-worthy flatlays on Instagram or hauls that show off the blogger’s bank account better than they do the products. Naturally, I decided that I wanted a slice of that pie and I’m going to do one of my own today.
What I tell people is in my bag:
- Manuka honey lip balm, organically farmed from a local bee farm.
- Elizabeth Arden 24-hour cream to keep my hands softer than a baby’s bottom all day long.
- One of my many Gucci purses. Yes darling, it’s oversized – because I need all that space.
- Countless Estee Lauder and Tom Ford lipsticks because I just adoooore lipstick, you know.
- Chanel No. 5, a girl’s gotta keep up that aura of class for as long as possible because that’s all the class I’ve… never mind.
- My Kate Spade (RIP) umbrella – this hair doesn’t get on well with rain.
What’s really in my bag:
- Cocoa butter Vaseline because it’s like eating chocolate without the calories.
- Baby wipes because I’m a messy… baby.
- My purse I’ve had for around four years now. It’s starting to get grotty at the corners with stains that won’t go away no matter how hard I scrub… I believe they call it well-loved.
- My trusty £3 MUA lipstick that moisturises AND makes me look more alive. Already better at multitasking than I am.
- Impulse body spray, because I’m a cheap bitch but I also like smelling fresh.
- My Primark umbrella that has sheltered me through many of London’s blustery weather tantrums.
Et voila! Please leave your links below if you’ve done a “What’s in my bag” post yourself, I would love to read them all. Hope you’ve all had a fab weekend, and managed to take some time for yourself. You go girl.
Disclaimer: All images used in this post are taken from Pixabay, made available under a Creative Commons License and edited on Canva by J, exclusively for thenellybean. J accepts no responsibility if you are a Gucci-sporting, Chanel-spritzing lady who happens to take offence to any statements in this post. Perhaps one day, J herself will morph into a lady of the bourgeoisie who swans around in billowy sleeves and has her shit together but until then, Primark it is.